
I had watched the parade live on 1 Jan 2010, with the live marching bands, equestrians, dogs, donkeys, ponies etc. and the atmosphere is something I will remember for a long time. I was really lucky to be able to get a standing place really near the floats when the folks around me had been queuing since the night before to get their place. :)
Seeing the floats up close was still a pretty phenomenal experience. The Rose Parade is apparently very famous with live broadcasts across the USA and in many parts of the world. Funny how I never heard anything about it when I was growing up in Singapore...

I knew it would be a great time out with the gorgeous sunshine and rare opportunity to see so many flower floats and got my landlord (sister) and baby princessita to come along. I was so glad to be able to let my surrogate sister experience something new. :) I should create more of such new experiences/ wonderful moments in 2010!



No comments:
Post a Comment