Got transported to the jungles and plains of Africa as dusk drew in. Amazing sets, life-like sounds, roaming animals and musical genius were brought together as I sat dazzled, wide-eyed, breathless and almost awed to tears. Seriously. The costumes featured astonishing color and detail, and the movement of the cast cleverly mimicked the natural movements of the animals. I still cannot fathom how everything in The Lion King (click to see video) came together.
At so many points of the musical, I wished my family and closest friends were here to soak in such beauty. I really didn't expect it to be SOOOOOOOOO good. Now I understand why Lion King and Wicked never ever offer discounts & are always months booked in advance.
I left remembering the true magic of theater... admiring the bright lights of New York City... and feeling so grateful to be alive...






No comments:
Post a Comment