So life is queer with its twists and turns, as many of us sometimes learn... with my life in 2 suitcases in 2 years, I think I've really gotten to see a lot, experience a lot, grow a lot. The journey hasn't always been smooth, but it has been good.

My company has put me up in a A-class fully furnished corporate apartment. I feel undeserving of so much attention but am grateful nonetheless for this little 1-month perk. More of what my current place looks like -

I have had 5 places to call home (Santa Monica, Irvine, Koreatown, North Hollywood, New York) in the past year - isn't it crazy? I definitely have a clearer idea of things to consider when buying one! :) But beyond that, I think it almost reminds me that there can be no home on earth that isn't temporary.
And given that home is where the heart is, I think one reason why NYC is growing on me is because I've got at least a family member here - my cousin! He's a wild one - but has taught me lots of wisdom about life, and I'm so glad I get to see this part of him that I never knew in all my >20 years of knowing him. Sometimes life can be so unique and interesting - you know this guy for 20 years and you've barely spoken more than 20 sentences. Then you come to a new place and suddenly in 2 visits, you feel like you've known each other for 2 lifetimes... :)

This is also the same cousin I visited last October, where I spent my weekend painting his brand new apartment and helping him get set-up. Now we can compare and contrast the differences in his house - isn't it amazing? :)

Almost reminds me of the phrase: "Live life once at a time and make it a masterpiece!" I really think there's a reason for everything. Really.



1 comment:
Hey babe, it's really nice to know that you are enjoying and loving every minute in NYC. Continue to have fun. It's really one of the most exciting cities to be in :)
Erm, on a different note (or a reminder), can you pls create more work in NYC so that I can visit you when I head to Boston in June ;P
Take care babe and stay warm :)
Post a Comment