Thursday, January 14, 2010

Liking NYC more and more...

Was supposed to go to some Personal Dynamics events night today - an introduction to a course that's been highly recommended by my cousin and his friends as being life-changing. But online forums say it's cultish... -_-''' In any case, my visit there flaked when the New Yorker hotel (where the course was held) had a private 80th anniversary party.

It was actually quite cool - I stumbled in unknowingly, folks thought I was one of them and I joined in the party and even got an instant photo taken in what was 15mins... :p lol The funny thing is, I don't know how I stumbled in given how they've set up like TONNES of security guards clad with communication devices as if Obama was in town... -_-'''

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Given the New Yorker wasn't too far from Times Square, I ended up taking a walk there to get Broadway tickets and with each step, I couldn't help but feel so grateful for the opportunity to smell the air, admire the lights, listen to the blend of exotic languages that filled the air...I'm bad with words but NYC felt special to me. For the first time.

I think I understand why American has become a debt nation. There's temptation everywhere - shops at every corner, like a magnet attracting the dough out of your pocket. Working at Rockefeller center has sent me shopping during lunch time at H&M, Brookstone etc. :)


But today, I didn't have to spend anything to get a DVD (which I ended up not watching because I was caught up on a documentary about the U.S Special Forces..hee.)... :) Singapore should really have these DVD rental booths mann...I think there's some good $ to be made. :p

Photobucket Photobucket

No comments: