Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Gift of Knowledge

I experienced a whole different level of happiness today. Special birthday gifts from 疼我的老妈!Call it cheap thrill (then again, it wasn't very cheap..hehe), but my Kindle 2 was enough to make my heart leap. Folks know there are very few things in life that I really want. I'm all for wearing the old coat but buying the new book, so just imagine how thrilled I was to receive the Kindle. There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot. Guess I was born with a reading list I'll never finish.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

But seriously, it's like what Abraham Lincoln said, "The things I want to know are in books. My best friend is the man who'll get me a book I [haven't] read." Since I'm always on the move, I'm grateful for e-books, which ironically, was an idea I used to scorn at. A friend once said to me he would always ask 2 questions to the people he meet: what books they read, and what company they keep. There is much truth to his point that we're the same today as we will be in years down the road but for the two.

My summer package also arrived today!

Photobucket

Photobucket

A good thing about living in the USA is having convenient shipping (& hence, shopping!) at your fingertips!

I've always liked Robin Sharma's books (especially The Saint, Surfer & CEO) but this time round, I got the package because I was interested in the audio CDs & downloads that came with it. That way, I can listen to them while I walk to the train station and back. I know, I know... I'm completely utilitarian. But there's too much on my plate that I either have to make time for self-improvement, or to surrender myself to self-chosen ignorance.

So much to do, lots to read and not enough time but for now I'm definitely a happy camper!

No comments: