
Aww mann, Kindle DX will be out in summer and looks really really good. At 18ounce, that's about 500g, the weight of a filled 500ml water bottle. I think I'd very much like the bigger screen and larger area but I think 500g is a little too heavy for holding and reading on a train (say, when I return to Singapore - yay yay, can't wait to return home!). The Kindle 2 is only 280g, but then it kinda looks too tiny... What would you do/ choose?
Actually I really like reading a physical book and being able to highlight things that speak to me. But the problem comes with storing these books and esp. having to type out these highlighted stuff to bring them as tidbits of wisdom with me whenever I relocate from place to place, which is ever-so-often. So being able to highlight, scribble notes etc. and have it all appear instantly on the Kindle is especially appealing to me. And I just like having my 'library' collection at my fingertips. :)
Nonetheless, USD$359/$489(!!! that's a 36% premium to Kindle 2) feels kinda steep to pay for an electronic screen, esp. since I won't get to download the books after I leave the USA so I will have to do a mass download of everything I want prior to leaving. Ugh...how how how???? Ok, I've spent an hour agonizing over the Kindle..time to hit my CFA books. So if I pass, this shall be a perfect Birthday-come-Reward present- this is just about the ONLY thing I REALLY want, less the iPhone which I can't buy because of the 2 year AT&T contract (I hope I'll get posted back to Asia by the end of the year). :) Please lend me some inputs- what do you guys think?



2 comments:
I can pass you my security analysis book lor. Save money on your kindle liao.
what!!! now then u say... -_-''' bought already..okie i go see can refund anot. But actually i planned to refund it so i can buy an electronic copy for my Kindle when I get it eventually :)))))
Wah, u very PRO siah! that bible of value investing is rather intimidating to most people... ;)
Post a Comment