Monday, November 22, 2010

Not so 'wise' anymore - Day 1

Since it's not everyday that we move wisdom tooth, I decided to blog abt it. I had watched crazy videos about it on youtube:

So I kinda knew what I was getting in to, only the night before the surgery. Thankfully, my experience was quite ok. AT LEAST FOR NOW since I'm still numb. I changed my appt from 9am to 2pm so I could go stuff myself full and not have to eat dinner after the operation. That didn't know our and thank God for friends like Ger who brought me preserved egg porridge!~ :-)

Anyway, I got to the clinic. First, I was pasted with stickers that monitored the heart beat, blood pressure etc. then they used a (strawberry flavored!) gel to numb the gums. Then I was sedated via jabs to the right hand. That one was a little painful when Dr. Elliot tried to inject the anaesthetic. However, my hand soon got swollen as she found out that the anaesthetic was going into other veins and not the main one (!!!), and I got ANOTHER jab this time on my right inner wrist. GrRrRr... anyway, I almost don't know what happened because I don't recall them asking me to open my mouth or to tell me that they were going to inject the anaesthetic into my gums...I must have already been konked out.

By the time I regained consciousness (yes, I must have zonked out since I don't remember my inquisitive mind asking them any question about what they were doing..LOL), I heard some funny sounds (drilling? / sewing?) and I was told that my surgery was completed. Crazy fast - like 40mins or something.

Dr. Elliot had a SAW ...apparently she does facial reconstruction at Mount E - which was why Dr. Lee Hsien Loong recommended me to her. :-) For the top dollars I was paying, I must say she did a great job! :) at least for now. Post surgery, I was able to eat an egg tart, and also finish Ger's porridge. =) The bleeding has also stopped/ lessened. Good job, Platelets!

I was told the pain and swelling will probably set in on the 2nd day... so I'll write tomorrow and we'll see! :) I guess when you SAW THROUGH A BONE, RIP OPEN GUMS and DRILL THROUGH TEETH, it would be unbelievable to believe that there's no pain! :(

No comments: