Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I don't like tofu

Photobucket

So...Guy in question emailed me today, telling me the following:

"My stomach is in knots with no appetite, my mood is very bland and down, and I can't think straight. Unfortunately, this is how I know my feelings for you are very real. I would not be feeling this way if I did not care deeply for you!"

He asked to meet up, to discuss. I'm a big softie (like tofu!) and I know that a typical me would have crumbled and tried to make the guy feel better. But I think it's a lesson I have to learn (and the same lessons truly keep happening to you until you learn them) that you can't take care of everyone's problems, and you just have to stand firm. As much as I don't believe in making one-party decisions, I think this is a call I have to make and trust that it's the best one for the both of us.

No comments: