Wednesday, April 15, 2009

U can't be robbed of your happiness

30 seconds ago, I have -finally- gotten connected to the internet at home! So HURRAY to blog updates & the ability to go on trading sites. >.<"' I've missed out on so many market rallies because of the inability to get online at work. (the trading sites are all blocked) Ugh.

But for now, something more serious stops me from these- My house was broken into last Mon (!!!) and the burglar(s) (& you thought they only appeared in primary 1 essays!) took away many things (e.g. electronics, watches, bags, wallets, cash, credit cards) and freeformed thousands of dollars on my credit cards. Ughhhhh. >.<''' I was tempted to ask, "Why do so many bad things keep happening to me one after another?" (e.g. unkind folks, car accident, getting a viral infection that left me sick for 3 weeks, house break-in)...And whether it was simply a wrong decision to come to the USA. Then today, revelation struck me. Instead of asking "why", it's more constructive to dissect the matter by asking "how"(yes, age old analytical me that needs an explanation for most things).

"How can I learn to be adaptable under all circumstances?"
"How can I find joy and manage emotions?"
"How can I be resilient?"
"How can I surrender, trust and accept, even if I don't understand?"

It increasingly seems to me like each lesson happens to bring me to the next level that I need to go. I'm a pretty let go, let flow person without much worries but I think these experiences have taught me really not to sweat the small stuff (& to increasingly expand the context of what "small" means!!) Sure, these lessons could have come in kinder forms like learning from the mistakes/ experiences of others - but maybe God wanted to give me a steeper, first-hand learning curve. So anyway, I have digressed from my original point. The burglary has taken up a lot of time from me, from the police reports to looking for a new house so now I have a HUGEEEEEE backlog of CFA studying and work to do...so maybe my blog posts will be sporadic :( Still, I'll stay in touch!!! ^_^

Lesson learned: No one can rob you of your happiness but yourself. :)

No comments: