Sunday, April 19, 2009

Ain't Misbehavin'

The plan to go to Antelope Valley Poppy Reserve didn't work out today due to 2 friends who flaked at the very last minute. I don't mind if people change their mind, but I think it's courtesy to at least inform me beforehand. I then endeavored to make the weekend productive with all the hours I've saved to get a financial model/ case study that I need to complete done but looks like I failed in the first part of the day...I did everything but my actual work- I cooked, went apartment-hunting, finished reading 2 books (George Washington's Law of Civility and The Way to Wealth by Benjamin Franklin and caught a musical!

Photobucket
Photobucket

I seriously love musicals!!! Love 'em so much, I caught my life's first hip hop musical on Thurs - Venice (loosely based off Othello). That made for 2 musicals in a week. LA is such a big city that there's always something happening, somewhere. :) Despite all my tragic monthly encounters, I try to remind myself that I'm lucky to be able to combine professional growth with personal development. ;)

Photobucket

So now it's time to get to real work. Hope to get the model done up asap..it's been taking too long! Btw, I loved reading The Way to Wealth quite alot and ended up googling to see if it was available for free...Read it here!! (Won't take you more than 30mins)

No comments: