I can no longer resist not blogging - so I'm now using my company's network to blog. >.< Filing taxes are such a pain. They're taking forever...and all these forms (e.g. Form 1099-SA & U.S. Form 5498-SA) don't make any sense to me. I'm going to let my Deloitte tax planners take over - I guess they're here for a reason.
- / -
SMU friends from the Business Case team are here to compete in the Case Competition at USC (University of Southern California). ATAS school, seriously pretty & super expensive. I have to go back some time to snap photos on a weekend or something. For now, these friends are keeping me really busy. Since moving to LA, I've also gotten to know a whole big bunch of Singaporeans! - most are studying at USC (grad sch mostly), some are working. We've been hanging out, doing what Singaporeans do best- EATING!!!! almost every day!, so that's really really cool!! :) It's a super welcoming, refreshing change from my somewhat lonely Orange County OC life.
- / -
I have moved into my new place in Korea Town and I'm LOVING IT!!!! It's really nice & spacious, cool and bright. And I'm having alot of fun doing it up since it came completely unfurnished. But given that I'm here for only 4 months, it's a personal challenge trying to make it nice without burning too much holes in the pocket. :) I've been taking photos faithfully to all the day-by-day improvements/ additions to the house but I have no internet in the house yet (USD$79/mth just for basic Wi-Fi!!!) so maybe photos will come later...
- / -
SIA tickets to LA are just SGD$1500 round trip!!! (all surcharges included). China Airlines is charging SGD$1200 from what I hear. Craziness!!! So if you're thinking of coming up, let me know! I am going to buy 2 more Queen size beds tomorrow since my family is coming up in June... so you are always invited to come visit! (with a nice comfy bed for you!) ^_^
- / -
Back to filing taxes... :( Jeremy's driving down from San Francisco while my sister is having her layover up in San Francisco this weekend. So near yet so far. Till later, take care -
Friday, February 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment