Friday, August 28, 2009

Muses on life & relationships...

Love people and use things; not love things and use people. I am unusually positive/optimistic/ love to see the good in people/ don't get upset easily but I'm starting to see a trend that in the cases where I have felt disappointed, it's always (100% hit rate) got to do with relationships and how I've perceived others to mishandle it.

To handle yourself, use your head. To handle others, use your heart. I'm a big relationship person. One who would be proud to say that I'm an extremely loyal friend. If the trust is broken, well, that's another story. I've been telling myself to love others unconditionally and not to expect that being kind to others mean they will be kind to me -so I don't set myself up for disappointments. But whatever happened to the golden rule? - Do unto others what you want them to do unto you. I wished more people could get that. I also wished more people didn't take things for granted. -//-

I've been thinking about whether being nice is a sign of weakness. Many would say that in the -real- world where ethical egoism rules, that's for sure. You need to learn to love yourself; to protect yourself; because nobody will do that for you. But in many ways, being nice is a sign of strength - it's easy to put yourself first; it's easy to only consider your own points of view and tread over the needs and emotions of others. I wish to tread lightly on earth and hopefully have some years to give it more than what I've consumed. -//-

Wedding bells (if not relationship jingles) have been ringing lately. Sometimes I question myself if I've missed out on the best years of my life (for dating) by being all alone here in the USA. I think of the opportunities I've passed on and of the "might-have-beens" scenarios and then what? A tinge of regret, but a lot more faith that the divine works of nature will all come together at some point and one need only be patient. And loving. -//-

No comments: