Monday, September 29, 2008

Happy Birthday YW! -25 Sept

Thankfully, there's no full day Admin Orientation or classes or the like today. But it's not like I've had alot of time for fun so far since I've been busy running errands. Today's list of "I've done":
  1. Pep talk with Sis- she might be coming to the USA next week!
  2. Apply for social security number &....
Getting my first parking ticket while at the social security office. :( It's so horrible cos I missed the parking attendant by 4 mins! And come on, it wasn't like I didn't want to pay but I was all alone and had no coins to put into the parking metre because the banks here don't allow me to change my SGD into USD unless I'm their bank customer- & the irony is that I can't be their customer unless I have a social security number.

Photobucket

Since Americans like to pay everything by credit, why don't they have credit card meters instead? :( Feeling tragic that I'm typically so 奉公守法 。。唉,好冤枉。

To balance off the bad karma for the day, today's YW's bday! She's my new colleague from LSE and it's been a blast just getting to know her. She's such a genuinely nice, caring, unpretentious person. We're exploring options to be housemates (she's really hot on the idea)- but let's see how that works out. I have reservations about living with colleagues- it's too close for comfort.

Photobucket
[The 2 other guys are also in the same program]

She's never driven a car before so we had to head to downtown where she lives for dinner. Had vietnamese pho and springrolls with thai ice tea (what a strange combi) and they were a refreshing break away from homecooked food!! :)

No comments: